On Thurs, March 2 I decided that I would call the clinic and see if they could check the twins ears and o2 levels. They were able to get them in on friday. The Dr said that Mylee was wheezing really bad and Hadlee was a little. She said she thought they had RSV and wanted me to take them to the hospital for testing. Tj and I took them over to the hospital and they had to deep suction them to get the test. It was so sad holding them down. Mylee's came back positive right away and Hadlee's we weren't sure about until 24 hrs. (It ended up being negative) We got a suction machine to take home and the Dr said I should suction them as often as they needed it and do there nebulizer treatments. Since their 02 levels were ok we could go home and come back for a deep suction if needed.
Saturday they seemed ok but Mylee sounded yucky. Hadlee not as bad but she had a yucky nose.
Sunday when I got them up Mylee just wasn't acting herself. She was lethargic and wheezing and retracting really bad. I called my mom and she thought we should take her in to the ER and at least get there o2 levels checked. Well we got their and her 02 level was about 84 and she was wheezing and retracting so bad. They gave her some 02 and suctioned her out. She hated the 02 around her face at first but finally got use to it. They wanted to admit her so I had them call her pediatrician and he agreed. After we got settled in my mom went home and watched the 3 others so Tj could come and visit for awhile. He left around 6:30pm. My poor little Mylee had the hardest time. They had to keep suctioning her and giving her treatments and she was so exhausted and worn out. It was so weird to have just Mylee and no Hadlee. This was the first time they were actually apart from each other. Mylee didn't sleep very well and had a rough night. She started to perk up this morning and the Dr came in and said she would stay another night. They kinda forgot about her I think! I would have to ask them to come in and suction her and do her treatments. That's when I decided that I could do this at home. I told the nurse that I really wanted to go home and that I had a suction machine, oxygen, and her nebulizer at home. She said she would run it by the Dr. He came in about 1:30p and said as long as I felt comfortable with it he was fine. I said heck yes discharge us now! LOL....Tj and Hadlee came and got us and we are so glad to be home. It was so good to see Hadlee and Gracee and Gage. It felt like forever and it was only 24 hours. Hadlee and Mylee were so cute with each other. I know they were glad to see each other.
They both got a beautiful blessing tonight from Tj with the help of our friend Tyler. I hope Mylee can get better fast and Hadlee will stay clear of RSV!
We just need the cold and snow to stay away and the warm weather fast!
![]() |
| Mylee and I hanging out at the hospital Nana entertaining Mylee. Look at her sad face! Daddy and Mylee hanging out Hadlee and I |







1 comments:
Oh my..it sounds you had a really rough couple of days!! I am so sorry...how are they now ? you need to move down here to the warm..hot weather :-)
Post a Comment